Creating Great Designs on a Limited Budget
January 8, 2015 § Leave a comment
Money is always an object. But even when the budget’s small, your designs can still be great. They must be great, for your own good as a professional.
Creating Great Designs on a Limited Budget shows you—in visual after exciting visual—how to do top-flight work even when you’re saddled with bottom dollar. Written by two who know design and its penny-pinching realities, this is the drawing-board/workstation manual that covers:
- the priceless principles of excellent design—solid ideas, clean design, attention to detail and others. You need these, and, whether your budget’s a buck ninety-eight or a bazillion dollars, you can afford them.
- how to create impact using only one or two colors. Look how typography, photography, boxes, rules and screens, and inexcpensive line art add punch to a design when you used them well.
- ways to get high mileage from low-cost visuals. Why pay an illustrator or photographer when you can use public-domain images, create your own visuals, take your own pictures?
- thrifty ways to get your jobs produced, printed and bound. Learn production time-(which equals money!)-savers, how to add color economically, plan paper buys and printing to get your best values, get bargain binding and barter your way to a high-power, low-cost finished piece.
Read Creating Great Designs on a Limited Budget. Refer to its checklists. Profit by its advice. Do work done on a less-than-great budget. Use it as a stepping-stone.
About the Authors
Lee Chartier is a professor at the Community College of Rhode Island, where she teaches marketing-related courses. She lives in Wakefield, Rhode Island.
Scott Mason is a partner in a Providence, Rhode Island design firm specialized in work for non-profit organizations. He lives in Providence.
- Hardcover: 122 pages
- Publisher: North Light Books
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0891346074
- ISBN-13: 978-0891346074
- Product Dimensions: 28.5 x 22.3 x 1.5 cm
Used, very good, collector’s item
Quantity Available: 1
I v y U